Black Wall Scholarship Instructions
Awarded May and December, the Black Wall Scholarship is offered to any qualifying individuals enrolled or planning to enroll at an HBCU. Students who are members of the Black Wall USA will be given preference in the selection process. In addition to maintaining a minimum 2.5 GPA, students will also submit a one-page essay discussing their accomplishments and career aspirations.
Application materials must be received by May 31st of the fall semester and by November 1st of the spring semester of expected enrollment to be considered. The following materials should be submitted:
- Complete application form
- A typed essay (one page, double spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
- Describe an accomplishment you have been recognized for and its influence on you.
- What are your career aspirations and why?
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher. (Additional preference given to students who will be classified as a Junior in the upcoming fall semester.)
Recipients will be selected by the Black Wall USA Scholarship Committee based on application materials provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision no later than one week after the add/drop period. Payment will be made to the Historically Black University specified on the students original application upon notification and in accordance with the university’s scholarship guidelines.
Please upload documents with original application submittal.
If you are unable to upload documents please forward all requested documentations to:
Attn: Black Wall USA Scholarship Committee
922 North 3rd Street
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17102